LAZARUS A.D. - THE ONSLAUGHT (*NEW-ORANGE VINYL, 2023, Limited Run Vinyl) elite Thrash Mixed by Testament's James Murphy!
IN STOCK & SHIPPING
Purchase hassle-free low cost insurance at checkout which covers your entire order against damage. We strongly encourage you to purchase hassle-free low cost insurance for your order at checkout. It will cover your entire order against damage, not just this item.
***LANGUAGE ISSUE FOR SENSATIVE EARS
BPV1585 - LAZARUS AD - THE ONSLAUGHT - 637405143812 VINYL
- 1st time ever on vinyl!
- Mastered for Vinyl by Rob Cowell of Bombworks Sound
- Limited to just 300 copies world-wide
- 12x12 full color insert
- Kenosha, Wisconsin band
- Originally released independently by the band in 2007
- The band signed to Metal Blade Records and re-released the album in 2009
- The 2009 Metal Blade release was remixed by the legendary James Murphy, a member of thrash legends, Testament
- Lazarus A.D. toured for a year and a half to promote the reissue of The Onslaught, supporting Testament on their Formation of Damnation tour and Kreator on their Hordes of Chaos tour
- During this period, the band shared the stage with three of thrash metal's "big four" (Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax), as well as other acts like Judas Priest, Rob Zombie, Exodus, Napalm Death and Kataklysm
- Youtube videos from this album typically have 2-7k views
- Last Breath has 1.5 million views on Spotify while other tracks have close to 1 million
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT LAZARUS A.D.
Lazarus AD's The Onslaught represents a glimpse of a different future, a much nicer one for thrashers....it's one of the best thrash albums this side of Y2K. Buy it.
I can say if you like the classic thrash era there is something here for everyone. I grew up listening to bands like Slayer, Kreator, Exodus and Testament...Lazarus A.D. continues what those bands started.
Metal Critic Reviews
ABOUT THE ALBUM
One listen to Lazarus A.D. and you might think the new Anthrax album sounds fresh and new! Oh, wait - it's LAZARUS A.D.!!!! The Onslaught is an up-to-date, state of the art, ripping thrash album, with all the best bits of Slayer, Exodus, Testament and Anthrax. Mainly fast and mid tempo, crunching songs - relentlessly thrashing the listener in only pleasurable ways! Vocalist Jeff Paulick sound very similar to Rob Dukes of the mighty Exodus, and drummer Ryan Shutler (R.I.P. 2015) is one of the greatest of all-time. Don't take our word for it - LISTEN FOR YOURSELF! The drum patterns are intertwined with the guitar work in order to create tension and a sense of musical progression, using prominently the double bass and ride cymbal. It's nothing short of magical. The first two tracks on the album get things rolling to perfection. "Last Breath" kicks off with a blistering intensity and then morphs into a Metallica-like chug-chugging of guitars. The vocals don't even kick in until a minute and a half in, and they don't need to because the riffing does all the work. "Thou Shalt Not Fear" just screams Testament (the album was remixed by James Murphy of Testament!) and that's all that needs to be said. The remainder of the album continues to be powerfully aggressive with plenty of solos throughout. The pace of every song is intense; there's no time to stop to rest the ears. The 2023 first-time-on-vinyl release has been expertly mastered for vinyl (color) by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound, comes with a 12x12 full color insert, and is limited to just 300 copies word-wide. And, that's not all! We promise, Lazarus A.D. - The Onslaught WILL makes you wanna circle pit 'til dawn!!!!
Last Breath / Thou Shall Not Fear /
Damnation For The Weak /
Absolute Power / Revolution /
Rebirth /Lust / Forged In Blood /
Every Word Unheard /
Who I Really Am